This case presents the replacement of two molars with two zirconia ceramic implants and restored with PEEK-reinforced bridge
Immediate placement of SDS one piece zirconia implants
– by Dr. Dominik Nischwitz
Extraction of all root canals and devitalized teeth in the upper jaw, followed by immediate implantation of 5 SDS 1.1 „Monkey“ implants plus immediate loading. The patient is instructed to only chew soft foods. Due to very big sockets immediate implants # 6,11,12 were not possible. The case shows a multistep approach. We will insert those implants after 2 month of healing and perform to „Intralifts“ to lift the sinuses on both sides. The first appointment was mainly to get the patient as healthy as possible and be able to have teeth at the same time.
The African Society Of Dentistry And Implantology (ASDI) Is a scientific society whose objectives are the promotion and the development of dentistry within the African continent. The main objective of ASDI is to create different platforms for exchange aimed for professionals in Dentistry in order to communicate their clinical work as well as their research.
- First African Dental Congress
- The International Academy of Ceramic Implantology (IAOCI) will be represented and effectively delivering the first program in ceramic implantology on a continental level
- Organized according to the recommendations of the 1st Conference of Deans of Schools of Dentistry in Africa held in Marrakech in January 2014 with the participation of thirty African deans.
- Will be held once every two years and each time in a country member of the CDSDA
- The 2018 edition will take place in Egypt.
- Commitment of all members of the CDSDA, 33 dental schools throughout Africa who support this project.
- Local support of all components of dentistry (Moroccan Dental Association, the Union of Moroccan scientific associations …..etc.
This first event of its kind will feature the following:
- More than 2,000 dentists expected for this event
- Over 120 hours of lectures.
- More than 100 international speakers
- Four conference Halls
- A plenary conference hall for 1600 congress participants with simultaneous translation.
- A conference hall for 200 congress participants with simultaneous translation.
- 2 conference rooms for 100 congress participants.
- 15 workshops or private conferences rooms including a program on bioceramics in dental implantology .
Drs. Sammy Noumbissi and Ralf Luettmann from Hamburg, Germany will conduct a four-country educational tour of the Balkans during which zirconia bioceramics in dental implantology will be introduced to the members of the Macedonian Dental Society in Skopje, the American University of Tirana in Albania, the University Dentistry Clinical Center of Kosovo and in Montenegro.
All interested should follow the links above and inquire with the associations and institutions directly. The dates for each event are as follows:
1) October 17, 2014: 1st International Implantology Conference hosted by University Dental Clinical Centre of Kosovo in Pristina. The theme of this Conference is “Metal free lmplant Dentistry-The Zirconia Challenge”.
2) October 18, 2014: Workshop on Zirconia Dental Implants, Applications for Monobloc versus Two-piece Zirconia Implants.
3) October 20-21: American University of Tirana: International Implantology Conference.
Zirconia Implants: Filling a Void in Implant Dentistry
This course is lead by Drs. Sammy Noumbissi and Ralf Luettmann. It is designed to give clinicians the ability to understand zirconia as a material and the rationale for using bioceramics in implant dentistry. This course will provide training on one-piece zirconia dental implants. An emphasis will be placed on appropriate case selection, case planning, flap design, immediate or delayed zirconia implant placement, temporization methods and minor adjunctive bone grafting procedures. This program is a combination of in-depth lecture, video surgery and hands-on over the shoulder workshop with models on immediate and delayed metal-free implantation. During the hands on training part of this course participants will utilize all components of a zirconia surgical kit and will place zirconia implants in plastic mandibles. This is the closest thing to performing live surgery! Read more….